Covid 19 Important Information
BEfore you visit
If you are due to attend Kelly Hearing, please stop and consider whether you might:
- Have been exposed to the virus
- Have been abroad or in a high-risk environment over the last 2 weeks
- Are showing any of the related symptoms
If you answer yes to any of the above, then please do not attend the clinic. We will happily reschedule your appointment when it is safe to do so.
If you have been exposed / have symptoms of COVID-19 (fever or high temperature, cough, shortness of breath, loss of smell/taste) please follow the HSE advice https://www2.hse.ie/coronavirus/
Please note the majority, over 80%, of infected persons will not need medical attention. However, if you do think you require medical attention, phone your GP, HSE Live on 1850 24 1850, or in urgent cases contact Emergency Services on 112 or 999.
What you can expect at our clinic
As you enter our hallway, we request everyone avail of our
- Hand sanitizer station (touch free)
- Surgical face masks
- Optional gloves
We are staggering patients and aim to bring everyone directly to their appointment. We request you arrive as close to your slot as possible, please wait in the car if you arrive early. Phone ahead if you are more than ten minutes before/ after scheduled appointment. Only one person should attend an appointment unless assistance is required.
How we are keeping you safe at Kelly Hearing
- Masks: Audiologists will be wearing a mask for all appointments. We will also provide surgical masks for patients to wear while in the clinic.
- Hand Hygiene and Gloves: All staff are continuing to maintain the strictest level of hygiene by washing their hands frequently. Gloves will be used for close-contact appointments and are offered to patients on arrival. We encourage patients to practice a high level of hand hygiene and you will be asked by staff members to sanitize when entering the building.
- Staff PPE: We have ample stock of all necessary PPE equipment. All staff have undergone training in the correct use of this equipment to ensure the safety of patients and staff.
- Enhanced Cleaning: Surfaces including chairs and card machines will be cleaned thoroughly between clients. All medical waste will be disposed of in medical waste bins. All non-disposable examination items (Lyric fitting and microscope exam tips) are cleaned and sterilized in an autoclave. In the testing booth we have Hepa-filtering to purify the air after each patient.
- Distancing: We have Perspex screens in the audiology test room and available in consultation rooms which enable us to communicate and demonstrate items safely when we need to be in close proximity to our patients. Where possible, appointments will be conducted at a distance of at least two metres from the Audiologist, including programming of hearing aids. All waiting room areas have been rearranged to allow for social distancing.
- No Drop-in service: We cannot offer a drop-in service at present. If you or your hearing device requires attention, please contact the clinic to arrange an appointment.